[Localization] 8.2 Languages, Keyboards and Layouts

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:00:43 EDT 2008

Hi Edward,

That doc link looks good. I don't think I would have found it on my own.

What I think we need is a single page that explains what you need to do
to change your language. I think it should cover this case:

- You get an XO with US keyboard and want to load a different language
on it. You want to use the keyboard layout for your language even
thought the keys will not have the right characters on them. What do you do?

Its probably as simple as choose the language from the Sugar Control
Panel, then follow instructions at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customizing_NAND_images#Keyboard

Another case to explain would be:
- You got the XO maybe with the keyboard and language set already or
maybe not. However, it doesn't have the latest translation you need
(maybe an older one or your target language isn't in the image at all).
You want to install the latest translation. What do you do?

I think all that info is available, Just not sure its easily accessible
in one place. If you can help doc that or just point to the right places
and add it to t he 8.2 release notes that would be great.

Thanks,

Greg S