[Localization] OLPC website translation

Alexander Dupuy alex.dupuy at mac.com
Sun May 4 10:03:30 EDT 2008

Walter Bender wrote:
> Yes. I had some Perl scripts and Makefiles I used to autogenerate the
> website from the .PO files. I hadn't finished moving the system over
> to Pootle before I left OLPC. I tried to hand off the system to OLPC
> but there was no response to my offer.

It's too bad this fell through, but if anyone is planning to resurrect / reimplement this sort of localization of HTML content, they should definitely look into the po4a (PO for all) tools which support automated generation of HTML from PO templates (http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/).

There's also some information / integration with the Translate Toolkit / Pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/project/manpages/) for man pages, this could probably be adapted for web content.

@alex
mailto:alex.dupuy at mac.com