[Localization] Bad Gateway in Pootle

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:59:10 EDT 2008

Hi all,
From what I understand, Pootle (and translate-toolkit) can be slow
when you try to merge translations, espcially for large files (eg:
when you upload a partially translated etoys, in order to merge with a
already part translated etoys.po).
The bad gateway occurs when the proxy server serving the Pootle pages
has a timeout - ie, Pootle takes too long to serve a page.
I'll try to figure out if there is any workaround for this. We are
probably one of the (if not _the_) largest projects to use Pootle, so
we have to deal with these at some points. :-)
Thanks,
Sayamindu

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:09 AM, LASKE, Lionel (C2S) <LLASKE at c2s.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Just to add my one cents about the "Bad Gateway" error.
>
> Yesterday I experienced myself this error but I must confess that it was my
> fault (yes, believe me).
>

> Because translating large files like etoys is very painful using pootle
> server, I choosed to translate it offline using PoEdit. So, after my last
> translations I've uploaded yesterday my translated PO files on the pootle
> server. During all the processing of my PO file on the pootle server, the
> server respond to any request by a "Bad Gateway" error.
>

> My conclusion is, like someone else said in a previous post: "Bad Gateway"
> error means "Server Busy".
>
> I'm sorry about that but yesterday, I was the "Bad Gateway" error J
>

> So my advice, If you experienced a "Bad Gateway" error, just wait…
>

> At

Sayamindu Dasgupta