[Localization] Aymara & Quechua Poodle

info at olpc-peru.info info at olpc-peru.info
Fri Mar 7 11:47:54 EST 2008

Hello Yama,

Just to tell you that there are 4 different quechuas in Peru.  The
"official" (to the best of my knowledge) is
the Quechua from Cuzco (that was the original land of the Inca
conquerors that dominate the rest of the
other regions: from Ecuador to Argentina.  From the top of my head:
Quechua in Cajamarca, Huaraz,
Ayacucho, Cuzco... those are the ones that I have heard about).  There
is national academy of the
Quechua Language (officially recognized by the Ministry of Education)...
what Quechua do they speak?
(Cuzco Quechua I think so...) and what kind of help can they bring to
your project? I don't know but
I can help you calling them or putting in contact with them.  Let me know.

Best regards and THANKS for your efforts.  The most humble andean
communities (over the 13,000
feet altitud JUST speak Quechua, no electricity, no machines, no
nothing... they are isolated and leave
in the same conditions than in year 1821... that was the year were the
independency from Spain was got, the
movement was leaded by the "spanish criollos" that from that year until
today FORGOT the existence
(they choose to ignore) the existence (and needs) of all these
communites.  In oposite sense, since
1531 to 1821 (the 300 years of the Colony under the kingdom of Spain)
every corner of the Inca land
was very well studied, analyzed, used, contacted, influence was
established, commerce were develop,
slavery and mining systems were develop so all these communities were
"integrated" to the colony (in
a good or very bad way.. you can imagine) but from independence time
NOTHING has change on
those forgotten towns.  These towns are around 5,000 in Peru and average
100 to 300 families each.

Best regards,

Javier Rodriguez
Lima, Peru