[Localization] Testing 200 XO's in two weeks time for Nepal's pilot

Alexander Dupuy alex.dupuy at mac.com
Wed Mar 5 13:43:04 EST 2008

Edward Cherlin asked:
> Sayamindu, how many people do we have working on this?
>
>> As per user account stats in Pootle, we have five people signed up for Nepali translations.
>
> Is there a way for me to find out these things, or do I have to ask
> you each time?
>
> Is there a way for me to communicate with these five other than a
> blast to the whole localization mailing list?

Sayamindu Dasgupta replied:
> As I mentioned earlier, I am planning on having a per language page -
> taking the data from the Pootle database. But I need to take care of
> other Pootle related stuff before that.

In the meantime, there are already resources on the OLPC wiki that provide some of this information.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle has a table where people can sign up and provide their Pootle contact information.  The Pootle Nepali administrator, Shankar Pokharel, provides his e-mail address on his wiki User page.

In addition, the wiki users who have indicated that they are English->Nepali translators can be found at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Translators_en-ne and it seems likely that these three others are also registered on Pootle, meaning that only one of the team of five is potentially unknown to you (unless you are one of the five who have signed up for Nepali on Pootle).

@alex

mailto:alex.dupuy at mac.com