[Localization] Appel à traduction Créole Haï tien

Bastien bzg at altern.org
Sun Jun 22 19:51:15 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

"Chris Leonard" <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> writes:

> with high levels of local ownership (in every sense), but I also think
> it is important over the long run for OLPC to be able to earn the
> trust to provide start-up hosting of such infrastructure on behalf of
> the community (at least at early phases) so that the potential
> benefits of centralized shared resources for multiple communities may
> be realized.

Centralized shared resources will help leverage collaboration from all
over the world.  "Contextualized" shared resources would help leverage
collaboration at the local level.  I'm glad if universal collaboration
happens, but I put priority on local people.

> You say "As long as it stays open I don't really see any problem".
> Unfortunately, when I went to this link  http://lists.olpchaiti.org/
> listinfo.cgi  I saw that the archives were only open to subscribers.

(I didn't take time to configure the list yet, as I wanted to know
whether it would be opened here or on OLPC infrastructure.)

> I hope that someone will keep lines of communication back to the wiki
> and laptop.org lists open.  It has been sometime since there were any
> edits on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Haiti

I will try to take care of this in the next few days...

> It would be nice if there were (for instance) some linking of the
> pictures here: http://www.olpchaiti.org/interne/images.php

Well, these pictures were not meant to be widely advertized yet.

Finally, I asked OLPC to open the kreyol-translation mailing list.
I will tell you when this is available.  I decided this because
translating the current content of the Pootle is very urgent,
and for this purpose world-wide collaboration is needed.

If this setup doesn't let local people to voice their ideas about
translation of educational content, then I will try to see how to
fix this.

Thanks for the discussion!

--
Bastien