[Localization] Which is the correct language packs for 8.2 RC ?

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 00:21:36 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes - please test this and let me know if it works properly.
>>   Could you please build it more frequently like v1 packs  !
>>   We are really eager to test it asap so that we can test our
>> translations before RC2 build, but the v2 pack was outdated :-) when I
>> checked it and our recent translations had not been pulled.  Just now
>> I noticed new build of the v2 pack, will test it tomorrow.

  OK, I tested the lang pack at July26th on joyride rebuilt from
scratch.  Activities were installed with
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Bert%27s_script#For_Joyride_builds.2C_try_this_script_instead
.

Here are findings.
+ stuff for Journal went to /usr/share/activities/Journal.activity but
it should go under /usr/share/activities/Journal.activity
+ There is naming confusion between Web (name for PO file and assumed
by lang pack) and Browse (name for directory of activity bundle
installed).
+ I think it would be helpful if defrating process generate verbose
log to show what is written to which location.

Hope this helps.
/Korakurider