[Localization] [sugar] RTL blocker for 8.2.0?

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:55:27 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

RTL is a blocker and it should be all RTL issues unless we can show that
they are cosmetic or there is an acceptable work around.

The reason they are show stoppers is that we have major Arabic
deployments planned for this fall and winter (northern hemisphere).

I believe these are regression bugs in that RTL works correctly
(better?) in previous releases. Some of the deployments will start
before 8.2.0 is out but we need an upgrade path for them ASAP per NAND
Full bug.

Some of the ones that are planned for later in the year will go to
places where it will be extremely hard to upgrade them.

In short I do want these all marked blockers, especially if they are
regressions. I'm not sure what milestone you think we will miss, but I'm
inclined to hold the release to fix these if its not too long a delay.

What do we need to do to get some people with knowledge of "bidi
scripts" to help?

I have asked all deployments to come up with contacts and I'll keep on
them to rally the "bidi" community if I can find it.

By all means, send out the call wherever you can find an audience!

Thanks,

Greg S