[Localization] Feature/string freeze exception: Feedback for registration

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:47:01 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
>>   Well, my point was not intending to refrain you from changing that
>> you believe it important, but we could work together better if we know
>> well about interdependency within work stream for translations.
>> For instance, you could ping Pootle admin to ask for "emergency POT
>> merge" to make the lead time shorter.
>
> Sayamindu, how do you want us to about it? Is the announcement on the
> mailing list enough and you are going to take care of the pootle side
> or should we take any other step to make translators life easier?
>
>>  And by setting due date for
>> translators and building it after that, we would have more probability
>> to get translations for the important strings at packaging time.
>
> The schedule is here:
>
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Schedule
>
> Packages goes in the build just after each release. (the translations
> should be in before the tarball due date)
>
> Marco

Hmm... this is a special case that I had not considered. Here's a
proposal for handling this:

For each string freeze break, I do a manual update of the POT and
Pootle as soon as the new strings are in Git, and announce it on the
mailing list.

Does that sound sane ?

Thanks,
Sayamindu