[Localization] Feature/string freeze exception: Feedback for registration

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:24:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So please think about needed lead time (POT merge, actual translation,
>> and your package build to pull translations)  if you want to change
>> strings when we are very close to release date...
>
> Please express your negative opinion during the approval discussion,
> when you think it's too late for a string change to go in.
   But what could I say when you all thought the change should be
essential for deployment ? :-)   If it is too late for translators we
would just need to build "language packs" for deployment.

>It's hard
> for us externals to estimate the amount of work/time you will need to
> deal with it and we could use some feedback!
   Well, my point was not intending to refrain you from changing that
you believe it important, but we could work together better if we know
well about interdependency within work stream for translations.
For instance, you could ping Pootle admin to ask for "emergency POT
merge" to make the lead time shorter.  And by setting due date for
translators and building it after that, we would have more probability
to get translations for the important strings at packaging time.

Cheers,
/Korakurider