[Localization] [Announce] New language packs

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:05:13 EDT 2008

Hi Sayamindu,

Thanks for this info.

Can you post it on the wiki?

It looks like a good set of things to cover. However, I could use more
info on how to install this:
http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/langpacks_v2/8.2/es_lang_pack_v2.sh

Can you lay out the steps that a non technical teacher would use to
install and try this out?

Also, I have a hunch that we are about to get slammed by sales on the
need for new languages. See:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User_talk:Gregorio#Shipment_Quantities_and_Languages
for some info on pending demand.

Can we pick a point person or two to track each language/country?

How do I get the status at high level of the usability of the XO in each
of these places?

Is it just check pootle: https://dev.laptop.org/translate/ ? If Pootle
is 50% or more done, can I assume we are ready?

Or is there some better way for me to know how ready we are to ship XOs
to a new country?

Any RTFM response or link to existing docs is welcome.

Thanks,

Greg S