[Localization] Etoys (was: Commit link activated for Terminal Activity and Log Viewer Activity)

Carlo Falciola cfalciola at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 9 05:27:42 EDT 2008

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 01:50:33 +0900
From: Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Localization] Etoys (was: Commit link activated for
    Terminal    Activity and Log Viewer Activity)
To: "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de>

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> Am 08.07.2008 um 17:52 schrieb Sayamindu Dasgupta:
>>
>>> Does the Etoys and Terminology problems still persist ?
>>
>> What Etoys problems?
>   People have experienced bizarre problem (timeout, and then sticky
>"bad-gateway") when they tried to upload/merge etoys.po to Pootle
>because of its huge size.  Though that is NOT Etoys problem.>
>
>> I wonder why German and Japanese are the only
>> translations that have seen pootle commits since March:
>   I think as we were told to commit translations when it is finished,
>they hesitate to commit because they think it incomplete.
>   But I found it is safe to commit even if some phrases haven't been
>translations, and more frequent commit would make translators's life
>easier.
>
>  No commit, no progress in released product.
>  So, come on folks !
>
>/Korakurider

One of my thoughts is that the EToys file is way too large and a huge number of strings goes in indistinctly, related to very different and sometimes unusual topics (as far as I got in I've found UML, graphics, sound, smalltalk related strings).
So it's very difficult & time consuming to understand what a particular string belong (semantically) to...
 also checking  (found) it in a real image is not trivial...

having more smaller files gave much better focus on the strings to be translated increasing performances and accurateness....

my two cents
ciao
carlo

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l&#39;home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina