[Localization] Please add Sinhala to Pootle Language List

රෂාන් අනුෂ්ක rashan.uoc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 05:23:34 EST 2008

hi,
I have added a task to the trac and hopefully the sinhala language will be
added soon.
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6268

The UCSC also going to contribute to this. Since this project is aiming
towards small children, we may come up with a special word list (i.e. more
easy to understand) for the translation.

regards,

On Jan 30, 2008 3:02 PM, Ishan Liyanage <snlsjc at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >    Me and few other guys in sri lanka are interested in translating
> olpc
> > > (suger) interfaces in to sinhala which is an official language in Sri
> Lanka.
> > > So we visited the pootle and didn't find sinhala in the language list.
> So if
> > > you add sinhala to the language list we can start translating.
> >
> > Will you use Sinhala Linux, http://sinhala.sourceforge.net/, as your
> > starting point for the computer vocabulary?
> >

> There are already translated PO files GNOME.
>
> http://l10n.gnome.org/module
>
> So we can use those files as a starting point.(We contributed to
> translate few files as well)
>
> BTW I am also contributing to this task with Priyanga Fonseka and also
> from Sri Lanka.
>
> regards
>
> Ishan Liyanage (ඉෂාන් ලියනගේ)
> http://www.ishan-liyanage.blogspot.com

Rashan Anushka
University of Colombo School of Computing
Sri Lanka