[Localization] Suggestions for text editors please.

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 16:12:51 EST 2008

Yes - PoEdit is pretty good. There's also something called Yudit (if
you want something which is similar to Gedit). And Windows XP probably
has support for Telugu (check
http://www.bhashaindia.com/Developers/IndianLang/IndicScript/oslevel.htm?lang=en
- the process should be similar for Telugu).
Cheers,
Sayamindu

On Jan 27, 2008 2:29 AM, Satyanarayana Murthy Saladi <saladism at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have my friends in India helping me with offline translation due to non
> availability of regular Internet connecting back home. I am going to manage
> the checking and merging.
> My friend uses WINDOWS XP.
> Till now, I have used gedit for editing po files in Ubuntu Linux.
>  Can you give me any suggestion as to what is the best text editor to use in
> Linux as well as Windows.
> I have come across poedit.  A multi platform PO editor. Has anyone
> experience with it?
>  Thanks,
> Satya.
>
> --