[Localization] Question on Korean translation

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:48:28 EST 2008

Hi,

On Jan 26, 2008 9:55 AM, yunrim park <rimipark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Second, I'm worried if my translation
> will make sense in the context where each word is used. Korean is quite
> context-dependent and without context it's hard to do good translation. Is
> there an easy way to check it?

I am going to respond to the second...

If you are looking at only Pootle screen and translating words one by
one from beginning, you will lose context very easily.
So I would suggest you to have emulation (or actual) environment and
play with it if possible.

I often do translation like:  play and learn small of piece of
functionality of the system,
translate encountered words, compile PO and test it after small chunk
of work was finished , then repeat and repeat...
By this I can grasp idea of the functionality (=context) easily step
by step, I can demo the result to colleague very fast, and have good
feeling with actual progress :-)
May be other experienced translators have different opinion though,,,

hope this helps.

/Korakurider