[Localization] Translations

Carlo Falciola cfalciola at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 25 04:39:53 EST 2008

>Hi Bert,
>
>yep malla is the literal translation of mesh, and in
>spanish case it
> reffers
>also to the topology of the network, so it means what
it >should, so is
>better in my opinion to leave it like malla instead
of >mesh...but i
> also
>wonder if a less technical term would be better.

In Italian I've the same problem: "Mesh" literally
translate to "maglia" the refers directly to a single
loop in knit fabric (as in German  "Masche" ).
Network usually translate to "rete" , web is never
translated nowhere (literally should be "ragnatela").
"Mesh network" could translate to "rete a maglia" but
it is mostly a tautology in Italian, so it tends to
became undifferentiated from the standard "rete"...
'till now I keep it untranslated in analogy with
web...

ciao carlo