[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Marvin Demuth marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 13 21:25:05 EST 2008

I have presumed that the language should be
Kreyol, however, with what I have learned
since I wrote earlier, that may not be the
case.  I am told that the official language is French,
and that the primary language in the schools is
French.  My friend, Jude Augusma, tells me that
in the local schools in the rural area that he is
from, if there are six books used, then five are
in French.  He said that he would think that the
education and government authorities would
want French used.  He said that when you are in
government offices, the language is French.

Jude tells me that he have never seen keyboards
other than standard English keyboards in Haiti.  He
said if you use a computer at any Internet cafe,
the keyboard is a standard English keyboard.  My friend
is very knowledgeable in computer technology,
satellite technology and radio technology.  He has served
as the director of a small school.

Marvin