[Localization] localisation - fula (pulaar/fulfulde

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 02:59:29 EST 2008

Hi Ibraahiima,
What is the language code for Fula ? Also, have you registered at the
Pootle server running at http://dev.laptop.org/translate/ ? I will
need your Pootle username to create the project. I would also need to
know how many plural forms you have for your language. For example,
for English, there are two forms - singular and plural.

As for keyboard, is there any layout that is implemented in Xorg ?

Warm regards,
Sayamindu

On Jan 12, 2008 5:11 AM, Ibraahiima SAAR <ibrahima.sarr at pulaagu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to participate in the translation of the OLPC software in Fula.
> Although it is spoken by 30 million in Africa (West to East), it is not on
> the language list. Is it possible to add a new langage? We also use unicode
> characters to type the language and will probably need to implement a
> keyboard layout (already done for Windows, see our website www.pulaagu.com)
> Thanks in advance

Sayamindu Dasgupta