[Localization] Pootle integration for etoys

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:43:26 EST 2008

Hi, Sayamindu.
Thank you for your great work on Pootle !

As I wrote in http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5338#comment:13,
I think we need to disucss more about Pootle integration for etoys.

(1) I think the only reason etoys want to update directly POs in git
(without Pootle)  is
to merge POT changes to POs.
To resolve conflict between master and local repo, I am imagining a
couple of options:
  -- After POs/POT are updated on git master repository by etoys,
     just pull changes to local repo for pootle.  I think the changes
will be no frequet
     so it could be possible to do even if it is executed manually.
     (ofcourse automation is better if possible )
  -- If localization team are now merging POT to PO (both in git) for
other products,
     we might want to ask you to do in similar way:   (etoys update
POT in git and you merge)

     How do you think?
     For products other than etoys, how merge task are executed by whom?

(2) To manage synchorization of git and svn, we need to know
when and how the changes in Pootle will be pushed to git master.

Please let me know if I am misunderstand something.

Cheers,
/Korakurider