[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Marvin Demuth marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 9 18:58:09 EST 2008

At 05:11 PM 1/9/2008, Edward Cherlin wrote:

>What language name did you use? I believe that "Kreyol" is the
>accepted name and spelling in Kreyol for Haitian Creole French, and
>that "Aiysyen" is also acceptable.

My Haitian authority -- Jude Augusma -- currently in the States --
advised me on this point earlier today:

<<When we speak of the Haitian language we refer
to Kreyòl. (Creole is English and French)
     Yes most of the people in Haiti refer to it the same way.>>

Jude, currently in his 30s, when there was no
secondary school in his town, he lived
in one room with a cot, and a charcoal bucket for
cooking for four years, in another town, by
himself, in order to get a secondary school education.

Marvin