[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:32:57 EST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 11:59 AM, Marvin Demuth <marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> OLPC G1G1 information refers to some of the donated XO laptops
> being for Haiti.
>
> Presumably, there has been no localization work started yet for Haiti.

There is a standard French localization, but it needs thousands more
strings translated, mainly for Etoys.

If you can send some Kreyol speakers our way, please do.

This raises a question for Pootle management: Could Kreyol localizers
work from the existing French, not just from English? That is, can
Pootle be set up to show the source strings and *two* localizations at
the same time, or do people just have to coordinate in two browser
windows?

See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle  Explains the process
http://solar.laptop.org:5080/  Our Pootle server, where it all happens.

> Marvin Demuth