[Localization] OLPC for reading/writing Japanese

dmt dmt at netcom.com
Tue Jan 8 14:42:30 EST 2008

The second point was intriguing. I reflashed to 653. Directly after
that the disk usage was 327MB. I then re-installed scim and scim-
anthy. Scim was 16MB, thereof perl-lib (567KB) and perl (10MB). Scim-
anthy is 6.9MB. To that I added a couple of Bitstream fonts at 13MB
each. Presently the disk usage is 376MB. If I had used just one font,
then it would take 36MB to install scim/anthy/font. Not exorbitant,
but still a bit large for a utility.

It would be nice if it were not necessary to install perl to use
scim. Maybe as I learn more LInux I would move perl to the SD and run
from there. Performance would not be so much of an issue if perl is
only used for the scim-setup module.