[Localization] localization question about numbers

Kent Loobey kent at uoregon.edu
Tue Jan 8 12:30:59 EST 2008

I am developing an activity for pre-literate number acquisition.  I have
several questions.

1.  Do you use a number system other than base 10 (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) in
your locality?

2.  Do your numbers have attributes like gender or type or use?

3.  Are your numbers displayed in Aribic (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) or are they
displayed in your local language?

4.  Is there anything else about numbers in your area that I need to know?

Thank you very much for considering my questions.  I hope, with your help, to
make an activity that is easily localized to your area.

Kent