[Localization] OLPC for reading/writing Japanese

dmt dmt at netcom.com
Mon Jan 7 02:19:09 EST 2008

Greetings. This is my first time using this list. I have reviewed the
archives; also I have searched through the wikis and various related
web sites to find out how to make the OLPC display and write Japanese
text. Taking multiple snippets of ideas from a number of sources, I
finally was able to effectively make the OLPC into a Japanese word
processor. At least as far as my research has lead me, the steps to
do this are not all in one place. I have begun documenting the steps,
which with some variations could also be used to enable Chinese,
Korean, and other languages. How might I be able to contribute this
information to the community?

Thanks very much.

Donald Tsusaki