[Localization] Fwd: translation problem

Jonathan jon at jfkew.plus.com
Sun Jan 6 09:15:12 EST 2008

I am attaching copies of these files where I have corrected the
issues mentioned below.

Additional points that I noticed in looking at these files:

(1) In one case (search for "#: constants.py:145"), the "s" was
missing from the msgid; it just reads

     msgid "Save %(1) to:"

I have added "s" in these files, but suspect this is probably an
issue in the Python source and all other translations.

(2) I believe there is an error in the Arabic file at "constants.py:
107". The translated string here reads

     msgstr "بقي %(1)s دقيقة، و %(2)s ساعة"

but I think this should be

     msgstr "بقي %(1)s دقيقة، و %(2)s ثانية"

However, I did *not* change this in the .po file, as I am not an
Arabic speaker and may have misunderstood completely! I am copying
this to Khaled Hosny; please check this item and correct it if
necessary.

(3) The Persian file is lacking many strings, and probably shouldn't
be regarded as ready to ship in its current state. Also, I guess that
its translation at "constants.py:108" is incorrect, as it seems to
use the same term for "hours" as is used elsewhere for "seconds".

Thanks,

Jonathan