[Localization] Registration error (was Re: Catalan: new language)

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 01:00:33 EST 2008

Hi all,
Apologies for not being able to respond yesterday (I have been
suffering from high fever and headache for the last two days :-()
I fixed the problem - it was being caused by some invalid strings in
the user database (someone had registered with a non ASCII username).
It's actually a bug in Pootle (or from the looks of it, jToolkit).
I'll file a bug against Pootle.
Let me know if things work properly now.
Cheers,
Sayamindu

On Jan 2, 2008 10:41 PM, Nicole Parrot <nicole at parrot.ca> wrote:
> I'm trying to join the French translation team, and I'm getting the
> exact same error.
> Cleo
>

> jaume wrote:
> >
> > By the moment I went to
> >
> > https://dev.laptop.org/translate/register.html
> >
> > but when I try to register i get this error:
> > Error
> > 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 23: ordinal not in
> > range(128)
> >
> > Any suggestions?

Sayamindu Dasgupta