[Localization] Google Mail: 37 languages

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:32:50 EST 2008

FYI.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/new-version-of-gmail-soon-available-in.html
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:35 PM
Posted by Robby Stein, Associate Product Marketing Manager

Tonight, we're starting to roll out the new version of Gmail in 37 languages.*

*The newest version of Gmail is not yet available for Croatian,
Icelandic, Hebrew or Arabic, but you can continue using the older
version in these languages. The newest version also is not yet
available for Google Apps for your domain.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=17091

Available interface languages

The Gmail interface is now available in many different language
settings. Pick from the following:

Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian,
Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic,
Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay,
Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified
Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai,
Traditional Chinese, Turkish, UK English, US English, Ukrainian, or
Vietnamese.

I wonder whether we can talk to them about the GiveOneGetOne target
languages, starting with Cambodian, Kinyarwanda, Mongolian, Dari,
Pashto, Amharic, and Kreyòl. If our Pootle people do the
localizations. Chris, any opinion?
--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/