[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 15:45:36 EST 2008

Hi,
Until now, no one has volunteered to take up the task of translating
the UI for Creole. If you want to contribute, do let me know, and I
will set up a project for Creole in our translation system. As for the
keyboard layout, I found
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/French_Canadian#krey.C3.B2l_keyboard_layout
in the wiki.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

On Feb 17, 2008 8:36 PM, Marvin Demuth <marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> My last communications on this subject were on 1/13/2008.  I noticed this
> in the Community-news Digest today:
>
> <<The Inter-American Development Bank announced that it will finance
> a pilot project to test whether one-to-one computing can improve
> teaching and learning in schools in Haiti (the poorest country in the
> Western Hemisphere). The IDB will make a $3-million grant for the
> pilot project, which will distribute XO laptops to 13,200 students and
> 500 teachers in 60 Haitian primary schools. The OLPC Foundation will
> contribute XO laptops to the project through the Give One Get One
> program.>>
>
> Have any decisions been made on the language and the keyboard
> for Haiti?
>
> Is any work proceeding on localization for Haiti?
>
> Marvin

Sayamindu Dasgupta