[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Marvin Demuth marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 17 15:36:41 EST 2008

My last communications on this subject were on 1/13/2008.  I noticed this
in the Community-news Digest today:

<<The Inter-American Development Bank announced that it will finance
a pilot project to test whether one-to-one computing can improve
teaching and learning in schools in Haiti (the poorest country in the
Western Hemisphere). The IDB will make a $3-million grant for the
pilot project, which will distribute XO laptops to 13,200 students and
500 teachers in 60 Haitian primary schools. The OLPC Foundation will
contribute XO laptops to the project through the Give One Get One
program.>>

Have any decisions been made on the language and the keyboard
for Haiti?

Is any work proceeding on localization for Haiti?

Marvin