[Localization] Pootle checks and po files integration in releases

Alexander Todorov atodorov at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 08:18:18 EST 2008

Hello,
is there a connection between Pootle checks and if .po files appear in
the final software package? There are many translated activities in my
language but only a few of them go in the daily devel builds.
I guess msgfmt fails on the po files in the build system but wonder what
is the connection with Pootle checks?

Which Pootle checks are considered fatal and which not?
Apparently "isfussy" is somewhat fatal but "isshort" or "caps" should
not be in some cases. Is there a way to WAIVE the failures for
particular strings?

Thanks,
Alexander.