[Localization] Khmer and Vietnamese Localization

Anousak Souphavanh anousak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:21:38 EST 2008

Dear Brian et al,

Please include Lao as well. I am the one in charge of Lao other
localization and would like to take on XO localization.

For Khmer, please see our friends at http://www.khmerOS.info which my
close friend Javier SOLA and the team in Cambodia done such a good job
for Khmer localization.

Cheers,
Anousak
Lao Localization Lead

On Feb 5, 2008 2:36 AM, Brian Gilmore <brian.gilmore at goldenwesthf.org> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> My name is Brian Gilmore and I am with the Golden West Humanitarian
> Foundation, an NGO that focuses on addressing the landmine and unexploded
> ordnance problem.  Too many youth continue to be maimed and killed by
> munitions left in the wake of conflict and in partnership with Michigan
> State University, we are working on developing a Munitions Risk Education
> game for the XO.  The game will with the necessary understanding of the
> dangers of touching and tampering with ordnance they might find in their
> communities.
>
> Two countries we're targeting in our initial round of development are
> Cambodia and Vietnam where we have a great deal of experience operating.
> It's my understanding the XO is being trialed in Cambodia, so I imagine
> someoone out there has some insight into how localization into Khmer works,
> and what pitfalls there are.  If you'd be willing to share we'd greatly
> appreciate the help.  We'd also appreciate any insight into the process for
> localization into Vietnamese.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Gilmore
>

> Brian Gilmore