[Localization] Kreyol in 8.2-757?

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 29 10:28:26 EDT 2008

"Sayamindu Dasgupta" <sayamindu at gmail.com> writes:

>> - What is the deadline for them to update the Haiti translation and
>> still make the release? If they keep translating for the next week or
>> so, will they still have a chance to get their translations in?
>
> The deadline is over - there might be another package
> release,especially for sugar, but that's not set in stone yet.

Bad luck.  We were stuck with no connection in Gustav when the deadline
was announced (and passed away) - maybe a larger window is desirable for
the next time?

I also had a hard time convincing the project coordinator here that
committing the translations was safe, that the process of "validating"
them (quality control) can occur at a different level.  The governement
here wants to be in control of everything, and any word like "admin" or
"validate" sounds like this is something they have to take over...

Well, I think he understands now, and I hope I will commit all the
translations during next week.

> However, if they continue translations, they can always use the
> language packs to add the translations they did later on in the
> process.

Yes, no worry.

We will either do it via the control panel or manually, no problem!

And, as I have the opportunity to say it: *thanks* for all the great
work you guys did so far!

--
Bastien