[Localization] Arabic in 8.2

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:26:49 EDT 2008

Hi Khaled,

We are having a hard time confirming Arabic support in 8.2. If it
doesn't make the release I will keep pushing for it as a high priority
in the next release: 8.2.1.

I know that you reported some serious regressions recently. Do you have
a sense of where we are with Arabic at this time?

We are close to releasing another image as a release candidate,
hopefully this week.

I believe we can get bug 6800 included in that build (Marco or Simon,
can you confirm?).

Will you still have time to test the next release for Arabic when its
ready? If you can do another summary of the main issues that would be a
big help.

Can you also get us in contact with more people who can help test these
images? I want to have some backup people available in case you run out
of time.

Thanks a lot for your help. I hope you wont be discouraged if we need
more time to get this right. The challenge is that changing the code to
make Arabic work well may destabilize other parts of the code. That's
not an insurmountable issue but it may cause us to delay until 8.2.1 to
get it right.

Thanks,

Greg S