[Localization] Plural form in timestamp of Journal entry

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 12:00:51 EDT 2008

Hi.

I have observed the problem timestamp for Journal entry isn't translated.
In Joyride2301 the problem is worse: entries shown incorrectly for
some language.
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8058 has been opened.

I know http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7800 but I believe mine is NOT the case.

I tested only Spanish (works)  and Japanese (not works).
Folks, it would be helpful if you could test it for your languages.

Sayamindu:
I noticed sugar-toolkit.po doesn't contain Plural-Forms header.
Do sugar-toolkit or underlying Python gettext stuff handle it properly?

Pootle knows configuration about plural forms for each language and it
is handled propery in entry screen. (e.g. we can only enter one msgstr
for Japanese PO).
But each PO doesn't have Plural-Forms.  It seems to me against theory...
Please educate me if I am wrong.

/Korakurider