[Localization] OLPC Kreyòl Localization

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 17 12:15:05 EDT 2008

Marvin Demuth <marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Jude just wrote me:
>
> <<I may be mistaken. When I take a closer look
> this morning I suspect when I translate a string
> in one project, if it is the same string in an
> other project, it gets translated in the other
> project too.  Is there a way every translator can
> individually check how much they have translated
> in the entire project? (It does not make a
> difference really. All we need is get it translated)>>

AFAIK there is no way to individually track the translations.
There have been requests for such features on the Pootle dev
mailing list, but I don't know if they plan to implement it.

> For other Kreyòl translators:  Haiti and OLPC need your help!

FYI: The Getting Started document is being translated by a professional.

But on top of the Scratch and Etoys projects, if people could also
translate useful pages on OLPC wiki, that would be awesome.

As a start:

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User_Guide

Thanks!

--