[Localization] [Olpc-open] Pakistan's Pilot project

Waqas Toor waqasnasirtoor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:10:31 EDT 2008

Ooops! i guess some mistake
here is the original message

Hello Edward,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:53 AM, salman minhas
>  <sulmanminhas at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >
>  > OLPC Pakistan launch its first pilot project in slums between Rawalpindi and Islamabad with 27 XOs.
>  >
>  > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Pakistan_Pilot
>
>  What languages are supported on your XOs in build 406? We have later
>  builds with a substantial amount of Dari and Pashto localization. Does
>  anybody know whether they will run on B2s?

We are just using English on those XOs, as the PO files of that
specific sugar build is not available, the output of the pootle is
according to the latest builds for the XO, any body who knows were to
get old 406 PO files for sugar and activities? and has any body tried
the faster build tree on B2 machines? was the response good speed and
bootup time ? any pointers on that please ?

>  What other languages do you need? Urdu, Sindhi, Balochi, Brahui,
>  Hindko, Panjabi, Seraiki?

We need all of them, but still as this is a pilot project and we only
need Urdu and Pashto for this right now. as the key boards for other
languages are not finalized according to Pakistan.