[Localization] Complicated Procedure, Restricted Wiki

big one bigone at qon.lao.net
Wed Oct 10 23:50:16 EDT 2007

I want to help in Fedora translation project, but unfortunately there is no languange coordinator for a certain language.

The procedure for becoming a language coordinator is difficult/complicated and I don't have the time/ skill.

I suggest other methods:
1. One person or a group of local users fluent in the language become initial user group who screened translation result. The person who want to do the translation can send the "*.pot" file to the team using e-mail attachment (text inside zip file). If the team agree, the "*.pot" file is accepted as official translation.

2. Protection for name / email address of the translators from spam.

3. Restricted Wiki: the translator can apply for user name and password and the tranlator can do the modification online. If the result is incorrect / bad, the translator may be banned / the user id revoked.

Is the above idea possible?

A question: If I have a complete set of tranlated "*.pot" files for certain language, where should I sent the files to, if there is no language coordinator?

Thank you.