[Localization] representative .po files needed for idiom

Todd Kelsey tekelsey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:48:42 EST 2007

Hello -- could someone send me a few representative .po files for core dev
projects that I could pass along to the folks at Idiom? Idiom has donated an
instance of idiom worldserver for use with OLPC, which can be used for
documentation until open source equivalent evolves -- on the call yesterday
I also asked them about integrating software strings and they were cool with
the idea of building a bridge for .po files.

If anyone out there in dev/loc land has actually used idiom before, or knows
someone who could potentially be lured into some volunteer work, 3hrs. a
week, please feel free to pass them my way. this could either be translators
who have worked on the receiving end with xml or rtf packages -- or someone
who may actually have idiom admin experience.

Background: Idiom Worldserver is a massively scalable translation management
system, which can be used to help develop a sophisticated translation
memory, to make it easier to translate "only what has not been translated
yet". There are open source alternatives which can and should be explored
(and are being explored), but Idiom is available, mature, and deployed in
rapid simultaneous release situations around the world in various languages.
(see www.idiominc.com)

--
Todd Kelsey

Willy Wonka Wonderful! - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:StartOfMP.jpg

Love Poem for people of Middle East: http://welcome.cftw.com

Tour of laptop | http://wiki.laptop.org/go/608-demo-notes

About Me/CFTW | http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en">
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en

Loving the World | http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhbxftbn_36cx4kj7

"Fascinating for me to sit here and realize the interplay and influence that
music can have -- it is a part of my life, yet I haven't continued as I
could, partly out of thinking "there are more important things". but it has
it's place. i am sitting at olpc offices, and someone is playing pink floyd,
and I think music is a gift of creativity that can inspire an atmosphere of
creativity, and the range of such echoes is infinite." - Me

Tunes:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=191736094