[Localization] Glossary project

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:30:48 EDT 2007

People,

We now have a terminology / glossary project 'open for business'
in a (temporal) URL
http://solar.laptop.org:5080/projects/terminology/

Initial policy is that everybody can make suggestions, and
registered users can actually translate and also review (reject /
accept) suggestions. The terms have comments intended to clarify
and group them into subject/areas.

Below is a list of the core (green) languages it has been enabled
for, and I'm also posting the list of people that have registered
for each of those languages. As you can see, we need more
translators, so if anybody can help 'recruiting' more please do
so.

[an]	Amharic		-
[ar]	Arabic		jdmitch
[ay]	Aymara		-
[fr]	French		greg2, pierre, samybt, MartinMai
[ha]	Hausa		-
[hi]	Hindi		sayamindu
[ig]	Igbo			-
[rw]	Kinyarwanda	-
[ne]	Nepali		-
[pt]	Portuguese	DiegoZacarao
[pt_BR]	Portuguese (Brazil)	DiegoZacarao
[qu]	Quechua		-
[ro]	Romanian		Aditza,
[ru]	Russian		Maxim, fork0
[es]	Spanish		RafaelOrtiz, Maria, Xavi
[th]	Thai			-
[ur]	Urdu			-
[yo]	Yoruba		-

Additional languages can be added on request (quite trivial) so
don't be shy to ask for a language to be included :)  If you have
suggestions on additional terms to add / remove / change, please
do so. Either in this list or in the wiki's talk page of
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle/Glossary

If anybody is curious about the use or advantages of a glossary:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle/Administration#Terminology_project

Questions, suggestions, and ideas are always welcome!

Cheers,
Xavier

--
XA