[Localization] How to merge translations from XO-Core to Update1?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 11:12:17 EST 2007

Hi Jamil,
This process should become easier later on as the translation project
gets more mature, and more work is contributed to the "Master" branch.
For now, the only way is to

1. Download the empty po for Update 1
2. Download the translated po from XO Core
3. use msgmerge to merge the translations
5. Verify the file using msgfmt
4. Upload the new PO file to Update 1 (admins in Pootle have this priviledge)

Thanks,
Sayamindu
On Dec 19, 2007 1:54 AM, Jamil Ahmed <itsjamil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Me and one of my friend was doing Bengali translation for "XO - Core"
> [0]. As now we have to work on "Update 1" [1], how can we merge the
> translations easily?
>
> Regards,
> -Jamil
>
> [0] https://dev.laptop.org/translate/bn/xo_core/