[Localization] The virtue of being fuzzy...

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 07:57:21 EST 2007

Spiky,

Either I'm not fully awake or I'm confused at your interpretation
of the fuzzy-ness tag... When you say:

Y.> ...it is difficult to assign only one
Y.> Japanese word without seeing the context.
Y.> (i.e, Is this word used in the menu bar? or in the explanation
Y.> of some help messages, and so on...)

For me that is *exactly* the sort of place where the tag should
go: the translator is not sure about its appropriateness,
universality, wording, context of use, etc. and thus tags it.

When you follow the "Quick Translate" links (of a file or
project), Pootle will cycle all the messages that are either
blank / untranslated together with those tagged as fuzzy. This
gives you the chance to see and/or change them. If a translation
has not been tagged as fuzzy, you will fail to 'have a second
chance' and you will have to go through the *whole* file...

Cheers,
Xavier