[LB-XO-LiveCD] XO Live CD Persistence Issues

kristian paul peñaranda rojas paul at kristianpaul.org
Sun Jan 18 22:16:27 EST 2009

hi again list

Resuming my work, i got working to put a XO Live CD on persistence on
both hard disk and usb pen. But there are some issues.

But first a fast review:

Steps followed to install XO Live on hard disk:

- Copying cdrom content to /olpc

- Copying from /olpc/boot initrd and vmlinux to my /boot directory

- Create a ext3 formated partition (/dev/sda1) to save all work and use
lb_aufs to make sugar persistence

my grub:
title  		OLPC Sugar Desktop
root   		(hd0,4)
kernel 		/opt/olpc/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.6-lb-i386 quiet vga=0x317
video=vesafb:ypan splash=silent lb_hwdetect lb_policyfile=XO-LiveCD.pdf
lb_toram=no lb_config=8.2 lb_system=build-8.2-767 lb_country=2
lb_device=/dev/sda5:ext3:/olpc lb_aufs=/dev/sda1
initrd 		/opt/olpc/boot/initrd-2.6.26.6-lb-i386
boot

Issues:

The first time this system boot all looks (no issues here) ok, then i
did some activities, write and paint about a tree, play on tamtamjam
too :-P

At the second boot (after shutdown thes system	)on the sugar, on boot i
get and error about a no detection of my sound card, then i type 3 to
ignore and continue.

then my name is asked again to start sugar (issue #1)

when i try to move the mouse it dint respond (missing driver?  issue #2)

sugars stared, i figureout to use the keyboard and typing F4 go to the
Journal/Diary to check for my previous activities. And i founded, good !
but i cant move the mouse and plays sounds :-(

There is similar setup on my usb pen (two partition) and the same result
is gotten. Also i tested on my laptop and desktop with no diferences