[LB-XO-LiveCD] Sugar Persistence + hard disk

kristian paul peñaranda rojas paul at kristianpaul.org
Wed Jan 14 12:18:02 EST 2009

Questions about:

1.
>If you would like to use the XO-LiveCD frequently, I recommend an
>installation on harddisk. This is described in the PDF documentation
>and offers a lot of options. Feel free to ask if you need further
>assistance.

i follow your steps from PDF and last XO Livce Version and add this to
my grub:

title           OLPC Sugar Desktop
root            (hd0,4)
kernel          /opt/olpc/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.6-lb-i386 root=/dev/sda5
quiet
                vga=0x317 video=vesafb:ypan
                lb_hwdetect xmodule=vesa
                lb_device=/dev/sda5:ext3:/opt/olpc
                lb_aufs=320M lb_toram=no lb_config=8.2
                lb_system=build-8.2-767
initrd          /opt/olpc/boot/initrd-2.6.26.6-lb-i386
boot
It seems to bot but then i got a error:

Error: No backup media found stoped

What is missing on my setup, do i need edit other file?

2.
>Yes you can use boot options to specify a device for persistance
>storage. Example: lb_aufs=/dev/sdb1:ext2 will use the first partition
>of the device sdb1 which should be formatted with a ext2 filesystem.

which file is needed to edit to get that persistance?

should it work on usb pen drive too?