[linux-mm-cc] Compcache as Ramdisk

Vijayendra Suman vijayendra.suman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 02:38:35 EDT 2009

Hi John, Nitin,

I think i have not explained well about the method for the hang.

1) insmod xvmalloc.ko; # I use 0.5.3 version
2) insmod lzo-faster.ko; # I use a modified form of compressor, this helps
me to boot my application faster.
We can try this same by inserting compressor and decompressor modules which
is given in the compcache release.
3) insmod compcache.ko;

   -  State 1

mkfs.ext3 /dev/ramzswap0
mount -t ext3 /dev/ramzswap0 /mnt;
Bonnie -d 32 /mnt -s 50 & sync # works well no problem

   - State 2

mkfs.vfat /dev/ramzswap0
mount /dev/ramzswap0 /mnt;
Bonnie -d 32 /mnt -s 50 & sync # Bonnie process hangs

If a application hangs it is a problem; which needs to be checked why this
happens.

   - State 3 # Boot Kernel 2.6.30;

mkfs.vfat /dev/ramzswap0
mount /dev/ramzswap0 /mnt;
Bonnie -d 32 /mnt -s 50 & sync # works well no problem

I will try to find the issue and let you know

Sincere Regards
Vijayendra Suman