[linux-mm-cc] Compcache as Ramdisk

Vijayendra Suman vijayendra.suman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 01:27:32 EDT 2009

Hello John,

My main motive is not to run the compcache block node as a swap partition. I
would like to use this partition for shared memory. My application has to do
lot of IPC's but i do not have much memory on board so i have decided to use
compcache block device node as a generalized block device.

Also I have checked formatting this node with some block as ext3, this works
perfectly well.
With ext2 it is having some issue i will look in to it, But with fat 16, 32
I see a hang in the system which is a result of the analysis i have done. I
will let you know f i find some thing.

1) swapon /dev/ramzswap
> 2) mount -t tmpfs -o size=1G,nr_inodes=10k,mode=0700 tmpfs /space

I do not want it as swap partition

Sincere Regards
Vijayendra Suman