[linux-mm-cc] Announce: ccache release 0.1

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 05:33:27 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 6:39 AM, Nitin Gupta <nitingupta910 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some performance numbers for allocator and de/compressor can be found
> on project home. Currently it is tested on Linux kernel 2.6.23.x and
> 2.6.25-rc2 (x86 only). Please mail me/mailing-list any
> issues/suggestions you have.

It caused Gutsy (2.6.22-14-generic) to crash when I did a swap off of
my hdd swap. I have a GB of ram, so I would have been fine without
ccache.

I had swapped on a 400MB ccache swap.

BTW, why is the default 10% of mem? This refers to the size of the
block device right? So even 100% would probably only use 50% of
physical memory for swap, assuming a 2:1 compression ratio.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student