[linux-mm-cc] Hi All

Sanket Somnath Hase sanket at cmu.edu
Wed Sep 12 18:35:43 EDT 2007

Hi All,

We are graduate students at Carnegie Mellon University. We are enrolled in a course (Operating systems practicum http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~412/ ) which involves hands-on experience with operating-system code as it is developed and deployed in the real world.

We are interested in contributing to project :Compressed caching on Linux

We have already taken an operating system design and implementation class
(http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~410/ ) before where we developed a UNIX like kernel from scratch. We have fair experience in reading-coding-debugging kernel code. All three of us interned at core systems group at companies like Google and Oracle in the past summer.

Our team can invest 50 hours per week, for a period of 13 weeks of this Fall
semester. Nitin has already given us some pointers towards current to-do list.

We are interested in knowing the current stage of the project. Could you refer us to the latest documentation and/or code-base of the project? Anything else which you think we should look at ?

Looking forward to hear from you,

Regards,
Chandramouli Rangarajan ,
DilipKumar Uppugandla ,