[linux-mm-cc] [RFC] LZO de/compression support in kernel [0/5]

Nitin Gupta nitingupta910 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 06:13:03 EDT 2007

> > * The code doesn't conform to CodingStyle as tabs aren't used for
> > indentation for a start and the brackets don't conform either.

I am now done will all formatting - will post newer version (as single
patch) soon.

> > * For a better version of the include/linux/lzo1x.h header file see my
> > include/linux/lzo.h patch which includes error codes and maximum
> > compression size defines.

I could not see any use for those LZO error codes (like LZO_E_OK).
Simple return value of 0 (success) and -1 (error) look fine.

> > * My patch series adds crypto layer support which might be useful for
> > testing

For now, I am just looking at plain LZO algo...

> > * The patch series will need to be merged into one patch for submission
> > to mainline since its all interdependent.

Yes. I did that splitting only for easier reviewing. I will post that
as single patch soon.

> > Just to confirm, this code is 100% compatible with data compressed with
> > LZO's lzo1x_compress function?

Yes.

> > I suspect there is some hybrid between the two versions which would be
> > ideal! :)

I don't know :-)

Cheers,
Nitin