[linux-mm-cc] [RFC] LZO de/compression support in kernel [0/5]

Nitin Gupta nitingupta910 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 08:47:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

This is kernel port of LZO1X-1 compression algo stripped down to just
~500 lines!
The original code is from:
http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/download/lzo-2.02.tar.gz

This is the same flavour of LZO that we are currently using in
compressed caching.

Before posting this to LKML, it would be great we replace existing LZO
code in ccaching patche with this version. If it can take torture of
ccaching then it's good enough for mainline w.r.t stability. Please
also look into coding style if it's acceptable for mainline - I did
not consider much about the diffability with original LZO code as I
just wanted a clean looking code :-)

I have created a simple kernel module to test this LZO port. I will
refine that a bit and post on
http://linux-mm.org/CompressedCaching/Code soon.

Any comments/reviews are welcome :)

(patches are against 2.6.22-rc1)