[OLPC library] XO-1.5/Start Guide : translation workflow

samy boutayeb s.boutayeb at free.fr
Tue Mar 30 02:38:35 EDT 2010

Hi,
In order to translate into French the documents edited during the XO 1.5
booksprint, I try to prepare them and to generate translatables files.

I am correct using the *.shtml files located here?

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~sugarteam/%
2Bjunk/laptoporg-refresh/files/head%3A/10.2.0/gettingstarted/

I used html2po and managed to generate po files corresponding to the
original shtml files. So far, I could start translating them with a
local po editor (gtranslator, poedit, etc., OmegaT).

My problem is that I can't manage to get the initial shtml format back,
once the translation is finished. Could anyone help with that?

Another option could be to put those files on the Pootle server. Does it
make sense for this documentation project?

TIA
regards

Samy